May 29, 2009

On Painting "Hula Holokū"


It's 2:30 A.M. It took me 3.5 hours to complete Hula Holokū.

I'm surprised by that, because a drawing takes no less than 9 hours. This is only the second acrylic painting I've done; I expected it to be a multi-evening project.

I feel better after painting, though. Way too strange that I departed from writing, but whatever it was I needed to express is indeed expressed.

Not sure what I'll do with this one. A photo submission is in order, but the original.... If I don't find a place for it here at home, there are plenty of family members who would want it. Or, I could save it for that exhibit I've been meaning to have for -- what -- ten years? Yeah, that'll happen.

I just hope I can fall asleep. Revved up like nobody's business.



1 comment:

  1. Your talent is almost as beautiful as your loving heart and warm soul.

    B.

    ReplyDelete