January 1, 2011

2011: Rockin' the Supermom

2010 was the Year of Choosing the Right Thing. I did my sincere best to fulfill that ambition last year. Didn't always succeed, which I could only objectively discover in hindsight, but I gave it a heroic effort, and I feel all the better for it. Now on to bigger and better ambitions.

2011 is the Year of Rockin' Supermom. The goal is to focus HARD on bringing peace, order, and enrichment to this home. Working on a plan of attack.

Battle 1: ASSESSMENT. An honest (and likely painful) survey of where this family is in terms of finances, education, communication, health, faith, etc. (not necessarily in that order).

Battle 2: PURGING. Of all things wasteful, including the worst habits, purposeless items in the home, junk food, junk TV, junk purchases.

Battle 3: THE ALMIGHTY ROUTINE. It's gonna get ugly before a new scheme takes, but the Routine is key to the success of this entire campaign.

Battle 4: REWARD. Equally important...we've got to make time and arrest the resources for enjoying the family. Otherwise, what's the point?

So, clear vision, strong management, and focus are going to win this war. I know I've got what it takes. I'm in love with this family, and that's all the motivation I need.

(God, suit me up.)

2 comments:

  1. That's a tall order you've made for yourself. Good luck Supermom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you posting again. I've missed you, and have prayed for you often.

    ReplyDelete